Featured Research Collection
Featured Research Collection used by front page.
- "Out of School and Off Track" Reports Detail Disturbing and Increased Use of Suspensions
- Two first-of-their-kind reports shed light on the growing use of punitive disciplinary measures and provides research-based alternatives. The reports were presented at a Congressional briefing by researchers with responses from the legislative staffers and civil and disability rights advocates on Capitol Hill earlier today.
- UCLA Report Finds Virginia’s African American Students Face Increasing Racial Segregation and Poverty in School
- Despite Virginia’s long history with school desegregation, little political attention has been paid to the growing multi-racial diversity of the state’s enrollment and rising levels of isolation for its African American and Latino students. This report, which covers the past two decades, is the first to thoroughly explore trends in the state, its major metro areas and largest school divisions in the years since many of its districts were released from court order to desegregate.
- Civil Rights Project Report Shows Bans on Affirmative Action Hinder University Recruitment Efforts & Harm Campus Racial Climate
- The Civil Rights Project today published important new data on the way in which California’s ban on affirmative action harms the University of California in comparison to the University of Texas -- which still has affirmative action -- in terms of both the climate on campus for nonwhite students and the lack of success in recruiting top-ranked applicants of color.
- Civil Rights Project Reports Deepening Segregation and Challenges Educators and Political Leaders to Develop Positive Policies
- E Pluribus… Separation suggests a number of ways to reverse the trends toward deepening resegregation.
- Millions of Children Find the Schoolhouse Door Locked
- UCLA Center for Civil Rights Remedies Finds Shocking Suspension Rates in thousands of districts across the nation.