Featured Research Collection
Featured Research Collection used by front page.
- Education Tool Guides Districts and Schools on Using LCFF to Narrow EL Achievement Gaps
- A new educational guide is available that helps California schools, districts and teachers target the best ways to implement California's Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF), so that it narrows the achievement gaps between the state’s English Learners (ELs) and all other students. The guidance recommends research-based practices that innovate and reshape ways for addressing the educational needs of ELs.
- Two of Three CA School Districts Reduce Out-of-School Suspensions as Discipline Gap Narrows
- Based on the statewide averages for 2011-12 and 2012-13, progress was made in reducing out-of-school suspensions in California schools for every racial/ethnic subgroup. “Disruption/Willful Defiance” suspensions still, however, account for the largest share of the problem.
- UCLA Report Finds Changing U.S. Demographics Transform School Segregation Landscape 60 Years After Brown v Board of Education
- Segregation Increases after Desegregation Plans Terminated by Supreme Court
- North Carolina’s Black Students Increasingly Isolated in Schools after Many Desegregation Plans Dissolved
- Racial and Economic Isolation Intensifies Despite an Increasingly Multiracial Enrollment.
- California The Most Segregated State for Latino Students
- State Has Little to Celebrate 60 Years After Brown v Board of Education.