Events from 2011
- Building on Our Assets: Language, Culture and Education (University of California, Los Angeles, from May 06, 2011 08:30 AM to May 06, 2011 06:30 PM)
- The Chicano Studies Research Center and The Civil Rights Project/Proyecto Derechos Civiles Present The Sixth Annual Latina/o Education Summit
- Informing the Debate: Bringing Civil Rights Research to Bear on the Reauthorization of the ESEA (Washington, DC, from Apr 21, 2011 10:00 AM to Apr 21, 2011 12:00 PM)
- Leading scholars presented research findings on the civil rights implications of education policies and discussed them in terms of the reauthorization of the ESEA. Civil rights advocates and Congressional staffers opened the discussion to explore what lessons could be learned.
- CRP at 2011 AERA Annual Meeting (New Orleans, LA, from Apr 08, 2011 08:00 AM to Apr 12, 2011 05:00 PM)
- The 2011 AERA Annual Meeting took place Friday, April 8 – Tuesday, April 12, 2011 in New Orleans, LA. CRP Researchers presented papers at a number of panels throughout the conference. Here are just a sampling...
- State Policy Briefing: The CSU Crisis and California's Future (UC Center-Sacramento, from Jun 15, 2011 01:30 PM to Jun 15, 2011 03:00 PM)
- At this event, leading scholars present research findings on the impact of fiscal cutbacks on opportunity for higher education in the California State University system. CSUs educate a greater number of Latino and African American students, enroll a much larger undergraduate student body than the University of California system overall, and many CSU students are first-generation college students struggling to get an education in difficult times. Representatives from the Legislative Analyst’s Office, California Senate, and Postsecondary Education Commission respond to the researchers and open the discussion to attendees.